Agile APQP Overview
Product development is innovation. Innovation is the key to growth and sustainability. This two-day seminar is designed to provide participants with an in depth understanding of Agile APQP for hyper-accelerated time to market launches with less risk, fewer design loop backs, and greater confidence that product decisions made during development meet customer requirements.
Students will be taught how to deliver successful new products in about a third the time it takes for traditional waterfall product development methods by using Agile APQP workflows. Students will learn how Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements are met using this proven and innovative approach. This is not a quality driven initiative. This is product development and product innovation.
With consumers around the globe demanding more innovative products be released faster, product designers need to stay ahead of these expectations and their competition. More today than ever, products that take multiple years to develop risk being obsolete before they enter the marketplace.
Who Should Attend
Senior Management, Chief Engineers, Product Engineers and Designers, Manufacturing Engineers, APQP team members, and individuals with direct responsibility for introducing new products, leading continuous improvement, and innovation will benefit from this seminar.
Recommended Training and/or Experience
· Basic understanding of APQP and PPAP manuals
· Some exposure to the NPD process
· Some exposure to Agile methods (e.g. Scrum)
· Leadership responsibility as a Change Agent
Each participant will receive a seminar manual including breakout exercises and related materials.
· Learn the power of Agile APQP workflows and the sprints that deliver PPAP requirements, test results, and approved products meeting customers’ requirements at an unprecedented pace, driving innovation.
· Learn the benefits of Agile APQP over the traditional waterfall APQP approach.
· Understand how these methodologies reduce the overall time to market for new products.
· Understand the benefit of making solid trade-off decisions by knowing when to delay certain designs while pulling ahead others and how that can speed up your product development process.
· Understand how short, iterative learning cycles reduce the risk of project failure and design loop backs.
Day 1 — Agile APQP Basics
· Introducing Agile APQP
· Describes the Agile APQP workflow
· Defines peoples roles (3)
· Identifies the Work products or “artifacts” (3)
· Specifies the Agile APQP events (5), with a focus on single ECR Sprints
· Introduce Agile APQP metrics
· Provides a walk through exercise to experience Agile APQP for a single Engineering Change Request Sprint
Day 2 — Agile at Scale
· Focus on Agile APQP@Scale - scaled from a single Agile team to many with Agile APQP@Scale for one Product Value Stream
· Discusses several organizational structures for Agile APQP@Scale
· Defines roles in an Agile APQP@Scale environment
· Defines artifacts for Agile APQP@Scale
· Integrating Agile APQP@Scale in an organization practicing APQP
· How to release a product in Agile APQP@Scale